This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to use DS-5 streamline to obtain rasterized  cycle?

Recently,I want to write a graphic bench to test rasterization unit .I use mali-t628 GPU.In DS-5 streamline ,the counter of rasterization unit which i can obtain is Mali Fragment Quads :Quad rasterized.

There are not any counter can represent the running time of rasterization unit.

I read the gator souce code and find a file which defines a set of hardware counter (included  FRAG_CYCLES_RAST).The file is gator_events_mali_midgard_hw.c which is located at /driver/gator.

I try to utilize one  counter of DS-5 streamline configuration botton provided to obtain other counter data by moditying counter's offset address.

Existing problems is that i can get  all the data of counters ofmali-t628 provided through the one counter.But i cannot obtain  the counters' data which counter isnot provided on mali-t628 by moditying counter's offset address which counter provided by mali-t628 .

So,i want to know if mali-t628 defined FRAG_CYCLES_RAST?Whether FRAG_CYCLES_RAST data can be obtained by using DS-5 streamline?

Thank you.

http://fanyi.baidu.com/?aldtype=16047###

Parents
  • Thanks peterharris,

I have added the "FRAG_CYCLES_RAST" to the Midgard counter XML file compiled into the "gatord" user-space daemon and achieved the counter's data.But  I am not sure if this counter represents number of cycles spent doing for rasterization.

There are many counters which is exposed by the Mali driver, but it is not visible in DS-5 Streamline by default.I want to use this counters ,but I can't exactly know what they mean.I read the paperMali Midgard Family Performance Counters

• Thanks peterharris,

I have added the "FRAG_CYCLES_RAST" to the Midgard counter XML file compiled into the "gatord" user-space daemon and achieved the counter's data.But  I am not sure if this counter represents number of cycles spent doing for rasterization.

There are many counters which is exposed by the Mali driver, but it is not visible in DS-5 Streamline by default.I want to use this counters ,but I can't exactly know what they mean.I read the paperMali Midgard Family Performance Counters

Children