This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DS-5 on Linux: device_browser.py failed during execution

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a Bare Metal Debug connection in the Debug Configurations and when I hit the Browse button, the Connection Browser window appears with the error message "The script file (device_browser.py) failed during execution", see in the attached screenshot.

I found this ill-fated device_broswer.py and tried to run it manually with jython:

[psl@skywanderer mqx-4.0]$ jython /work/DS5/sw/debugger/configdb/Scripts/device_browser.py

Traceback (innermost last):

File "/work/DS5/sw/debugger/configdb/Scripts/device_browser.py", line 2, in ?

ImportError: no module named arm_ds_launcher

[psl@skywanderer mqx-4.0]$

I'm running DS-5 Ultime Edition (Evaluation) on Fedora 19.

Any help in solving this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Sergei

Parents
  • Hello, did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem, but under windows.

On mine, if I hover the mouse over the error message "The script file ( device_browser.py ) failed during execution", I get the following pop-up explanation:

Error.jpg

My QUARTUS_ROOTDIR environment variable setting QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=E:\altera\15.1\qprogrammer

Under E:\altera\15.1\qprogrammer there is a bin64 sub directory containing the jtag_client.dll file it should be looking for.

I am using the paid-for version of DS-5 Altera-Edition under 64-bit Windows Pro 8.1

• Hello, did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem, but under windows.

On mine, if I hover the mouse over the error message "The script file ( device_browser.py ) failed during execution", I get the following pop-up explanation:

Error.jpg

My QUARTUS_ROOTDIR environment variable setting QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=E:\altera\15.1\qprogrammer

Under E:\altera\15.1\qprogrammer there is a bin64 sub directory containing the jtag_client.dll file it should be looking for.

I am using the paid-for version of DS-5 Altera-Edition under 64-bit Windows Pro 8.1

Children