Trouble debugging cortex-M7 as FVP in ARM Development studio ( Problem with Image entry point)

Hello,

I'm using ARM Development studio, for now I'm running the 30 day trial version. I'm trying to debug Cortex M7 processor with FVP. I'm unable to debug the code because of the problem with Image entry point. I'm loading the .axf file generated as output file in debug configurations. 

I'd really appreciate if somebody would help me with settings with respect to image layout or anything I might be missing. Thank you.

• Hi,

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The main problem here is not with the image entry point, but with the address to which you are trying to load the image.
    There is no RAM present at address 0x80000000 in the Cortex-M7 FVP.  For its memory map see:

developer.arm.com/.../MPS2---memory-map-for-models-without-the-Armv8-M-additions

I suggest that you start with a ready-made example that works out-of-the-box, e.g. the "startup_Cortex-M7_AC6" example.  There are other RTOS-based ready-made examples too that will work on an M7, e.g. "RTX5_Cortex-M3_Blinky".

To import these examples into your workspace:

• Launch Arm Development Studio
    • Select File > Import... to open the Import Selection dialog.
    • Expand the Arm Development Studio group and select Examples and Programming Libraries.
    • Click Next
    • Expand the Examples group to view the example categories.
    • Either select one (or more) of the example categories to import, or expand the example categories to view/select individual examples in each category.  You can also enter a name (e.g. "M7") into the filter.
    • Click Finish to import the selected examples into your workspace.

For instructions on how to run and debug the examples, please see their readme.html files.

Hope this helps

Stephen