This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

scatter file error on a blank line

Hi,

following is the printscreen:

"  Unable to parse content "

Parents
  • Hi Alex

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.  Thanks for reporting this.  
    I've tried, but unsuccessfully, to reproduce this with an identical scatter-file.

Which version of Arm DS are you using?  Is this on Windows or Linux?

Interestingly, for my identical scatter-file, I see expand/collapse markers on line 1, 3, 8 & 14, but you only see one single marker on line 20, which makes me think the parsing has got confused.

What is this file's extension?  .sct and .scat are recognized as scatter-file types by default, but you can change this in the preferences.

Did you create this scatter-file yourself, or was it given to you by someone else (maybe created on a different platform/toolchain?).

Try re-making the file afresh, within Arm DS, with a .scat extension.  Does that clear the issue?

Note that the IDE's syntax parsing here is mainly for the benefit of developers.  It does not affect the linker's ability to link your objects together in your project.

Stephen

• Hi Alex

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.  Thanks for reporting this.  
    I've tried, but unsuccessfully, to reproduce this with an identical scatter-file.

Which version of Arm DS are you using?  Is this on Windows or Linux?

Interestingly, for my identical scatter-file, I see expand/collapse markers on line 1, 3, 8 & 14, but you only see one single marker on line 20, which makes me think the parsing has got confused.

What is this file's extension?  .sct and .scat are recognized as scatter-file types by default, but you can change this in the preferences.

Did you create this scatter-file yourself, or was it given to you by someone else (maybe created on a different platform/toolchain?).

Try re-making the file afresh, within Arm DS, with a .scat extension.  Does that clear the issue?

Note that the IDE's syntax parsing here is mainly for the benefit of developers.  It does not affect the linker's ability to link your objects together in your project.

Stephen

Children