This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PA cannot find any frames for arm mobile studio 2022.3

When use performance advisor to get report of my capture file, I get error:

PS C:\Program Files\Arm\Arm Mobile Studio 2022.3\performance_advisor> .\pa.exe k50pro.apc
Using Starter Edition
Importing capture...
Fetching data...
Preparing report type html...
Problems were found preparing html report:
WARNING: Build name not provided. You can add this as a command line argument (use --build-name).
WARNING: Build timestamp not provided. You can add this as a command line argument (use --build-timestamp).
WARNING: Device name not provided. You can add this as a command line argument (use --device-name).
WARNING: Cannot find draw calls counter. Use LWI or GA interceptor when creating your capture to obtain draw calls data.
ERROR: Cannot find any frames. Please refer to the user guide for methods of providing frame data to Performance Advisor.
WARNING: CPU cycles data was not used. Cycles data is missing or unreliable. Use --force-cycles to force usage of this data.

I notice someone already encounter similar error and asked question in the forum: Arm Performance_advisor:ERROR: Cannot find any frames. - Graphics, Gaming, and VR forum - Support forums - Arm Community and seems the problem should be fixed in 2022.3

However I still get the same error with the latest arm mobile studio 2022.3.

Note that the apc file is quite large, it's around 14G as I use ultra high resolution. Not sure if this is related to the error.

Parents
  • How did you generate the original Streamline capture?

Performance Advisor needs frame boundary information, which can be provided by a layer driver (see the lwi_me.py helper script), or by custom in-app annotations. 

• How did you generate the original Streamline capture?

Performance Advisor needs frame boundary information, which can be provided by a layer driver (see the lwi_me.py helper script), or by custom in-app annotations. 

Children