This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to do hardware debug in EL3?

Hi, experts.

After I invoke my EL3 service through SMC call, I find that the system hang in EL3. 

Then I try to use ds-5 to do hardware debug to check the register value.

However, ds-5 can not stop the running core and give following message:

Target Message: CTI debug request failed to halt the core. Trying imprecise entry to debug state (EDRCR.CBRRQ). If this works at all, memory accesses will be unpredictable and register values may be incorrect.

I heard that this can be solved by modifying a configuration file in Arm Trusted Firmware. However, I do not know more details about it.

I would appreciate with it if someone could help me to solve it.

Parents
  • Hi Yun

Sorry to hear the debugger was not able to stop the target in this scenario.

DS-5 has been superseded by Arm Development Studio. As a first step, I recommend that you try Arm Development Studio, which has a free 30-day evaluation available.

As this problem might involve different parts of your system (debugger, Arm Trusted Firmware, etc) and interactions between components, it is probably best investigated as a Support Case with Arm, so that Arm support and engineering teams can properly investigate.

Please open a Support Case using the "Support > Open a Support Case" option at the top of this page, and include more details, for example, what Arm processor(s) are you trying to connect to, what debug configuration you are using (e.g. one supplied with DS-5 or one you created yourself with the Platform Configuration Editor), what software you are trying to debug (Arm Trusted Firmware plus something else?), and whether you are using a debug adapter such as DSTREAM-ST.

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi Yun

Sorry to hear the debugger was not able to stop the target in this scenario.

DS-5 has been superseded by Arm Development Studio. As a first step, I recommend that you try Arm Development Studio, which has a free 30-day evaluation available.

As this problem might involve different parts of your system (debugger, Arm Trusted Firmware, etc) and interactions between components, it is probably best investigated as a Support Case with Arm, so that Arm support and engineering teams can properly investigate.

Please open a Support Case using the "Support > Open a Support Case" option at the top of this page, and include more details, for example, what Arm processor(s) are you trying to connect to, what debug configuration you are using (e.g. one supplied with DS-5 or one you created yourself with the Platform Configuration Editor), what software you are trying to debug (Arm Trusted Firmware plus something else?), and whether you are using a debug adapter such as DSTREAM-ST.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children
No data