This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Downloading bin file into Arm Cortex A9

Hi,

I have a binary file of BCM56450 ARM Cortex A9 processor.

kindly help me out on how can i load the bin file into the processor using Dstream Tool.

Regards,

Muthuvairavan K

Parents
  • Hi

I'm not familiar with the Broadcom BCM56450 but, assuming your board can be debugged via JTAG, then it should be possible to use DSTREAM together with the Arm Development Studio (Arm DS) Debugger to connect to it, download a binary and debug the Cortex-A9 therein.

If you don't already have Arm DS, you can download a 30 day free trial version from developer.arm.com/.../evaluate.

Launch Arm DS, then connect your board to DSTREAM via JTAG, and connect the DSTREAM to your PC via USB or Ethernet.

There are two main steps to connect the Arm DS Debugger to a custom board:
    1) Use the New Debug Connection wizard to create a debug config for your board, using the "Add a new platform..." flow
    2) Create a debug launcher to establish a connection
    For more details, see See developer.arm.com/.../configuring-a-connection-to-a-bare-metal-hardware-target

Do you want to download a plain binary file, or an ELF-format file (e.g. .axf)?
    Plain binary files in particular can be downloaded with the "restore" command - see
    developer.arm.com/.../restore

If you need more help, it is probably best to create an official support case with Arm, using Support -> "Open a case" from the above menu, rather than discussing in this public forum. Please reference this thread in your request.

Stephen

• Hi

I'm not familiar with the Broadcom BCM56450 but, assuming your board can be debugged via JTAG, then it should be possible to use DSTREAM together with the Arm Development Studio (Arm DS) Debugger to connect to it, download a binary and debug the Cortex-A9 therein.

If you don't already have Arm DS, you can download a 30 day free trial version from developer.arm.com/.../evaluate.

Launch Arm DS, then connect your board to DSTREAM via JTAG, and connect the DSTREAM to your PC via USB or Ethernet.

There are two main steps to connect the Arm DS Debugger to a custom board:
    1) Use the New Debug Connection wizard to create a debug config for your board, using the "Add a new platform..." flow
    2) Create a debug launcher to establish a connection
    For more details, see See developer.arm.com/.../configuring-a-connection-to-a-bare-metal-hardware-target

Do you want to download a plain binary file, or an ELF-format file (e.g. .axf)?
    Plain binary files in particular can be downloaded with the "restore" command - see
    developer.arm.com/.../restore

If you need more help, it is probably best to create an official support case with Arm, using Support -> "Open a case" from the above menu, rather than discussing in this public forum. Please reference this thread in your request.

Stephen

Children