This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

armcc.exe returning a Windows error 0xc0000142

I'm using Arm Development Studio 2019.1 on Windows 10.

From within ARM Development Studio I select "Build Project" for my project.  It starts executing but I get a Windows pop-up error for armcc.exe that says:

Application was unable to start correctly. (0xc0000142)

The make is invoking Arm C Compiler 5.

I have tried running Arm Development Studio both as a user and as an administrator but I get the same error in either case.

This error occurs on the first file to be compiled for the project.

I've done some searching and found that this error is raised when a DLL is not able to be initialized.

Has anyone else seen this error?

Parents
  • Hey Doug Lewis, as you are having this issue where you see the error 0xc0000142 and you are not able to start the application, so this can be fixed by running the app in compatibility mode. To do that you need to right click on file that gives application error 0xc0000142, tap on Properties and then press on the option of Compatibility tab. Now tap on the option that says “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” in case the games work save the settings if not continue. Here put a check mark on the option that states Run this program in compatibility mode for. Then choose the OS to which the driver is accessible and put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level. In the end press on the option that states Apply and then exit. Try out https://appuals.com/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0000142/ in case you need to see more solutions. Now you can see in case the issue is the eor has been resolved.

• Hey Doug Lewis, as you are having this issue where you see the error 0xc0000142 and you are not able to start the application, so this can be fixed by running the app in compatibility mode. To do that you need to right click on file that gives application error 0xc0000142, tap on Properties and then press on the option of Compatibility tab. Now tap on the option that says “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” in case the games work save the settings if not continue. Here put a check mark on the option that states Run this program in compatibility mode for. Then choose the OS to which the driver is accessible and put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level. In the end press on the option that states Apply and then exit. Try out https://appuals.com/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0000142/ in case you need to see more solutions. Now you can see in case the issue is the eor has been resolved.

Children
No data