This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cycle accurate simulator for Cortex M7

Hi,

I found this link which seems to me that Arm supports a cycle accurate simulators:

http://armipexchange.com/Model/ARM/Cortex%20M7   

I'm looking for a solution to measure cycle counts in a simulation environment that we use for evaluation of the Cortex M7 performance. The current FVP is not cycle accurate so it does not work for this purpose. My questions are:

Is this cycle model for the Cortex M7 a solution for this?

Does it work with DS5 or Keil?

Are there any other IDEs available that work with this modeler?

Do you have an idea about pricing for this modeler?

Is there an evaluation period where we can download this and verify if this is a possible solution?

• Greetings,

My name is Eric Sondhi and I am product manager for Arm Cycle Models.  Yes indeed the M7 Cycle Model is a solution to measure cycle counts with 100% accuracy.  The Cycle Model can be run in SystemC simulation or in RTL simulation and is instrumented for debug connection to DS-5 and also instrumented with other performance analysis features.  

I will be happy to better understand your use case, share some more details on the model capabilities, and discuss evaluation options and pricing.

Please send me an email and we can discuss this in more detail.

Best,
    Eric