This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RCF files

RCF files

Hi I would like to have more insigth on rcf files: There is a bunch of parameters aka config_item. how thery ere used? and how to get their meaning? I'm specially interested in parameters for CORESIGTH like CORESIGHT_BASE_ADDRESS_MSW
thanks
claude
Parents
  • Hi Claude,

The parameters within a DS-5 .rcf file are used to configure the connection to the target hardware.
    The information contained within them consists of both 'box' level connection info (i.e. whether JTAG or Serial Wire Debug protocol, connection clock speed, devices present etc. and so forth) and then individual component level information (e.g. CoreSight base address, CoreSight AP Index and so on).

Without the information within an .rcf file, DS-5 would not be able to connect to a hardware target.

May I ask why the interest in the contents of .rcf files ?

Normally a DS-5 user would :
    - open the Platform Configuration Editor (PCE)
    - configure an appropriate connection to their platform
    - save
    - debug

Without having to concern themselves with what is within the files produced by PCE.

Is some information wrong within them, and you want to change it ??

Regards,
    Stuart
  • Hi Claude,

The parameters within a DS-5 .rcf file are used to configure the connection to the target hardware.
    The information contained within them consists of both 'box' level connection info (i.e. whether JTAG or Serial Wire Debug protocol, connection clock speed, devices present etc. and so forth) and then individual component level information (e.g. CoreSight base address, CoreSight AP Index and so on).

Without the information within an .rcf file, DS-5 would not be able to connect to a hardware target.

May I ask why the interest in the contents of .rcf files ?

Normally a DS-5 user would :
    - open the Platform Configuration Editor (PCE)
    - configure an appropriate connection to their platform
    - save
    - debug

Without having to concern themselves with what is within the files produced by PCE.

Is some information wrong within them, and you want to change it ??

Regards,
    Stuart
Children