I've noticed that since the update to V220.127.116.11 I'm faced with extreme lag in the editor of the µVision IDE and a high CPU load.
When entering text in the editor, the whole application freezes, but the entered text is then (after a CPU load of 30% or more and after 10-20s) finally entered.
The CPU load jumps always to this high value when entering text, I assume this has something to do with auto-completion, but it even happens when entering comment lines...
You can even freeze the application for multiple minutes if you keep entering text in the editor (like 100 characters or so).
Does anyone also have this issue or are there some checks I could make? For the moment the IDE is useless with that extreme lag...
- Consider re-installing MDK 5.32: http://www2.keil.com/mdk5
- Arm Compiler 5? -> Disable "Browse Information" at your project settings
- See ""Browse Information" option slows down building project" : https://www.keil.com/support/docs/3981.htm
- migrate to Arm Compiler 6
- Open a Support Ticket and attach your project to allow a replication:
Hello Mr. Kopsch, thank you for your suggestions. What I've tried so far:
- Disabled the virus protection- Switched between the compliler 6 and 5 (including deactivation of the browse information)- Downgrade to V5.31 and upgrade again
Unfortunately without success...
I've opened a support ticket, if there are some news regarding this topic I'll add it here for others.
Have a great day
Meanwhile I've solved the problem by updating my graphics card driver. Apparently this was causing the extreme lag and the high cpu load. Now the entered text is shown immediately and the cpu stays around 3% while entering text.
View all questions in Keil forum