This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

microsemi smartfusion keil and softconsole

The hex file ouput of keil and Softconsole are different.

After loading the keil hex file into flashpro and programming it to a2f-eval-kit, there is no output displayed on UART.

But the functionality is proper with softconsole hex file.

From what i have read, both of them produce intel hex file as output.

How to get the same output as that of softconsole using Keil.

Thanks

Parents
  • Yes. Softconsole is a product from microsemi.

it used GCC

Yes. And Keil by default uses ARMCC compiler. Softconsole takes (.ld ) file as linker script. Keil takes a scatter file(.sct)

If a Softconsole-generated executable works, I guess that must show that your hardware works

yes. softconsole project works.so hardware is right.

If your Keil-generated executable doesn't work, and the source files are the same, that suggests that the problem lies in your Keil Project setup.

toolsets (compilers,linkers,loaders..) were different in keil and softconsole. So I changed the toolset to GNU (GCC,ld..)(Keil has the provision to do so) which is what is used by softconsole. Keil throws an error saying it cannot recognize file format (.lib)

Have you tried using the debugger to see where it is failing ?

No.I haven't

You will need to refer to the Microsemi documentation for instructions on how to correctly configure a project for their product.

Even if your source files are the same, the startup files are likely to be different.

And, of course, this is an FPGA.

Keil knows nothing about FPGAs - so, again, you will have to study the Microsemi documentation for how to combine the microcontroller executable with the rest of the FPGA config.

Libero is used to configure IDE (softconsole,keil,IAR..) and i followed the process showed in documentation, which automatically generates a keil project with default toolset.

• Yes. Softconsole is a product from microsemi.

it used GCC

Yes. And Keil by default uses ARMCC compiler. Softconsole takes (.ld ) file as linker script. Keil takes a scatter file(.sct)

If a Softconsole-generated executable works, I guess that must show that your hardware works

yes. softconsole project works.so hardware is right.

If your Keil-generated executable doesn't work, and the source files are the same, that suggests that the problem lies in your Keil Project setup.

toolsets (compilers,linkers,loaders..) were different in keil and softconsole. So I changed the toolset to GNU (GCC,ld..)(Keil has the provision to do so) which is what is used by softconsole. Keil throws an error saying it cannot recognize file format (.lib)

Have you tried using the debugger to see where it is failing ?

No.I haven't

You will need to refer to the Microsemi documentation for instructions on how to correctly configure a project for their product.

Even if your source files are the same, the startup files are likely to be different.

And, of course, this is an FPGA.

Keil knows nothing about FPGAs - so, again, you will have to study the Microsemi documentation for how to combine the microcontroller executable with the rest of the FPGA config.

Libero is used to configure IDE (softconsole,keil,IAR..) and i followed the process showed in documentation, which automatically generates a keil project with default toolset.

Children
  • i followed the process showed in documentation

Then you need to contact Microsemi for any corrections and/or updates to their documentation!

Did you see the "Important Notes" at the end of the linked SoftConsole page?

It says:

"Please read the release notes for the relevant version of SoftConsole to be aware of all relevant features, known issues, troubleshooting tips etc"

Have you done that - in particular, applying the "troubleshooting tips" ?

There is also a 'Support' link at that top of that page.