This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

8051 serial communication. USB cant recognize

So, i am using a development board with a C8051F388. 

the problem is, i was trying to use the serial port via USB to connect to PC, and use a terminal to see what it was outputting, but when i try to choose the COM port, it does not show that i connected 

Every time i plug it to PC it shows a windows message

and when i go to the Device Manager it show that the device was not recognized 

it is in PT. is says "Unknown USB device" and in Properties shows a error called (code 43)

the board uses a FT230XS-R FTDI driver. I already installed all drivers but still cant solve the problem.

p.s. at moment the board is only using the USB plug to use the serial port. the power and flashing is handled by a USB Debug adapter. 

Ty

Parents
  • a development board

What development board, exactly?

Have you checked the board documentation for installation instructions, setup details, fault-finding, etc?

trying to use the serial port via USB to connect to PC

Is that USB implemented in the microcontroller, or a USB-to-Serial converter connected to the microcontroller's UART ?

As says, probably nothing to do with Keil - so SiLabs are probably the best people to ask.

Or the board manufacturer, it is's not an SiLabs board ...

• a development board

What development board, exactly?

Have you checked the board documentation for installation instructions, setup details, fault-finding, etc?

trying to use the serial port via USB to connect to PC

Is that USB implemented in the microcontroller, or a USB-to-Serial converter connected to the microcontroller's UART ?

As says, probably nothing to do with Keil - so SiLabs are probably the best people to ask.

Or the board manufacturer, it is's not an SiLabs board ...

Children
No data