This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reading from cortex debug + ETM

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a STM32F400 board so that I can read from the Cortex Debug + ETM using the gpio pins. Is this possible? The pins are so small that it would be difficult if not impossible to read from those pins when the J-Trace is plugged in. Please let me know if you know of any resources that can help me accomplish this.

Parents
  • Not sure what kind of hackery you're trying here, but aren't those same pins exposed as jumpers or other places on the board.

The processor can read the pin levels via GPIO->IDR, but this stuff is pretty fast moving and best probed with an FPGA or logic analyzer.

The alternative is to use an intermediate cable/board (interposer?) so you can access the pins with a header pitch you can work with.

• Not sure what kind of hackery you're trying here, but aren't those same pins exposed as jumpers or other places on the board.

The processor can read the pin levels via GPIO->IDR, but this stuff is pretty fast moving and best probed with an FPGA or logic analyzer.

The alternative is to use an intermediate cable/board (interposer?) so you can access the pins with a header pitch you can work with.

Children