This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Retrieving heading data from BNO055 IMU using STM32F401VCTx-Keil uVision 5

Hello all,

I am working on a navigation project that requires reading IMU heading data as an output. I have chosen the STM32F401VCTx chip for my custom board and am interfacing with an Adafruit IMU. Communication is through I2C, which I have some experience with but not a ton. The slave address for the BNO055 on the IMU is 0x28, which when bit shifted is 0x50. I am using the HAL functions provided by uVision for I2C transactions, namely the Mem_Read and Mem_Write functions for peripherals. I have configured the device to operate in "compass mode" and output a heading angle in radians, and store it in the bytes EUL_Heading_MSB and EUL_Heading_LSB. I want to see the heading bytes. 

Code:

uint8_t COMPASS_MODE = 0x09;                                                                            //Compass mode value 1001
uint8_t UNIT_SEL = 0x04;                                                                                         //Radians value 0100
uint8_t EUL_Heading_MSB[1] = {0x00};                                                                   //initialize MSB of output data
uint8_t EUL_Heading_LSB[1] = {0x00};                                                                    //initialize LSB of output data

HAL_I2C_Mem_Write(&hi2c1, 0x50, 0x3D, 1, &COMPASS_MODE , 1, 50);           //Setting OPR_MODE register to 1001 to initialize compass mode
HAL_I2C_Mem_Write(&hi2c1, 0x50, 0x3B, 1, &UNIT_SEL, 1, 50);                         //Setting UNIT_SEL to 0100 for radians

HAL_I2C_Mem_Read(&hi2c1, 0x50, 0x1B, 1, EUL_Heading_MSB, 1, 50);            //Read EUL_Heading_MSB data from 0x1B register
HAL_I2C_Mem_Read(&hi2c1, 0x50, 0x1A, 1, EUL_Heading_LSB, 1, 50);             //Read EUL_Heading_LSB data from 0x1A register

I am not seeing a readable output in uVision. I know to use Watch windows to view output, but I am not sure if it is working correctly. Here is a pic of my watch window:

If anyone has worked on a similar project, or knows of a possible solution/alternative please help out if possible. 

Thanks in advance :)

Parents Reply Children
No data