This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to assign own glibc path to aarch64-elf-gcc

aarch64-elf-gcc need use glibc2.14 while our central version up to glibc-2.12 only
I have downloaded glibc-2.14 in my local directory
There is a limitation in my environment that if I add glibc-2.14 path into LD_LIBRARY_PATH directly, DS-5 eclipse could not open successfully

Therefore, I want to set glibc-2.14 path after I open DS-5 eclipse
I try to assign -I or -L with local directory with ARM DS-5 eclipse to include path
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Command >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
aarch64-elf-gcc -I<local_path>/glibc-build/include -L<local_path>/glibc-build/lib -o "gcc5.axf" ./src/gcc5.o

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Result >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
aarch64-elf-gcc: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by aarch64-elf-gcc)

Parents
  • Hi YL Shen

Which type/version of Linux machine are you using? e.g. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Red Hat Enterprise 6 ?

Are you trying to compile with gcc on the command-line or from within a DS-5 Eclipse project?

If you are trying to compile with gcc on the command-line, then you can open a new shell and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable just for that shell.
    Alternatively, you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for each individual invocation of gcc with e.g.:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/glibc-2.14:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH aarch64-elf-gcc -o "gcc5.axf" ./src/gcc5.o
    This command is all on one line, and no export is needed, and can easily be added into a makefile.

If you are trying to compile with gcc from within a DS-5 Eclipse project, then try appending the new LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/glibc-2.14 into the Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Environment.

There are other references to the error "/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found" on the web, e.g. see unix.stackexchange.com/.../176489

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi YL Shen

Which type/version of Linux machine are you using? e.g. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Red Hat Enterprise 6 ?

Are you trying to compile with gcc on the command-line or from within a DS-5 Eclipse project?

If you are trying to compile with gcc on the command-line, then you can open a new shell and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable just for that shell.
    Alternatively, you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for each individual invocation of gcc with e.g.:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/glibc-2.14:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH aarch64-elf-gcc -o "gcc5.axf" ./src/gcc5.o
    This command is all on one line, and no export is needed, and can easily be added into a makefile.

If you are trying to compile with gcc from within a DS-5 Eclipse project, then try appending the new LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/glibc-2.14 into the Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Environment.

There are other references to the error "/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found" on the web, e.g. see unix.stackexchange.com/.../176489

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children
No data