This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The compile error occurs when compiling to use the evaluation license of DS500-BN-00022-r5p0-29rel1.

The compile error occurs when compiling to use the evaluation license of DS500-BN-00022-r5p0-29rel1.

Please guide me to solve this compilation error like below.

I installed the evaluation license of DS500-BN-00022-r5p0-29rel1 in my PC.

//--------------------------------------------//

scons: *** [D:\chonwy\lq741s_le20\trustzone_images\core\securemsm\trustzone\monitor\common\build\tz\cortexA7\MARAANAA\src\tzbsp_qdss.o] Error 1
ARM C/C++ Compiler, 5.01 [Build 94]
Error: C9932E: Cannot obtain license for Compiler (feature compiler5) with license version >= 5.0201203
Feature has expired.
Feature: compiler5
Expire date: 25-jan-2018
License path: C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Roaming\ARM\DS-5\licenses\DS-5 Ultimate Edition (30-day Evaluation).lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-10,32
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".
Cannot obtain license for Compiler (feature bsp_compiler5) with license version >= 5.0201203
No such feature exists.
Feature: bsp_compiler5
License path: C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Roaming\ARM\DS-5\licenses\DS-5 Ultimate Edition (30-day Evaluation).lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

//---------------------------------------------//

Thanks

• Hi,

I'm Paul Black, the Product Manager for Arm Compilers. Good to meet you - sorry you're having problems!

At a first glance, it looks like your evaluation has expired. The evaluation has a lifespan of 30 days, which is perfect for taking a look at the tools and deciding how well they work for you. However it looks like your evel license expired in January - is this an evaluation that you first started at the end of last year?

It looks like you're using Arm Compiler 5.01 for a project targeted for Cortex-A7 hardware? Compiler 5.01 was a fine compiler in its day, and to be fair is still pretty competitive even today, it was genuinely ahead of its time! However it was released about 8 years ago now, and time has moved on. Our current compiler is Arm Compiler 6.11, and in terms of functionality, performance, usability, code density, and other areas we've been working hard since Compiler 5.01 was released. Would the latest generation Arm Compiler be more suitable for your needs?

Regards,

Paul.