This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cmsis fails to compile with armcc v6.12

I am encountering a error when compiling my CMSIS project. My application is using a Cortex-M4 and I am using MDK v5.28 with the ARM compiler v6.12. The compilation failes with the following  results:

C:/Keil_v5/ARM/CMSIS/Include\core_cm4.h(188): warning: In file included from...
C:/Keil_v5/ARM/CMSIS/Include\core_cmFunc.h(414): warning: 'register' storage class specifier is deprecated and incompatible with C++17 [-Wdeprecated-register]
  register uint32_t result;
  ^~~~~~~~~
C:/Keil_v5/ARM/CMSIS/Include\core_cmFunc.h(441): warning: 'register' storage class specifier is deprecated and incompatible with C++17 [-Wdeprecated-register]
  register uint32_t result;
  ^~~~~~~~~
C:/Keil_v5/ARM/CMSIS/Include\core_cmFunc.h(602): error: unknown register name 'vfpcc' in asm
  __ASM volatile ("VMSR fpscr, %0" : : "r" (fpscr) : "vfpcc");

This must be an old issue, but I have not been able to find any solutions in the forums.

Parents
  • Hello, are you able to share your project? At least can you share which pack(s) you are bringing into your project? Are you using the latest version of these packs?

Go to Project -> Manage -> Run time environment -> Select Packs... do you have "use latest version of installed Software Packs" enabled?

• Hello, are you able to share your project? At least can you share which pack(s) you are bringing into your project? Are you using the latest version of these packs?

Go to Project -> Manage -> Run time environment -> Select Packs... do you have "use latest version of installed Software Packs" enabled?

Children