A beginner question, sorry.
1. I have a C floating point code. I build it and run it in Eclipse CDT using Cygwin GCC toolchain.
2. I would like to compile the same C code, but this time for ARM Cortex A53.
3. I installed GNU MCU Eclipse plug-in and made a new Eclipse project using ARM Cross GCC toolchain.
4. The project builds fine, the output being myproject.elf.
5. I would like to run the myproject.elf locally on Windows (without connecting a target ARM board, which I don't have). When I try to run it, I get error:
Error starting process.Cannot run program "myproject.elf": Launching failed
Error starting process.
Cannot run program "myproject.elf": Launching failed
And when I try to Debug it:
Failed to execute MI command:-exec-runError message from debugger back end:Don't know how to run.
Failed to execute MI command:
Error message from debugger back end:
Don't know how to run.
Is running ARM code like this at all possible on native platform?
What am I doing wrong?
View all questions in GNU Toolchain forum