This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Juno r0 does not boot with linaro android after u-boot

Hi, 

I am using Juno r0, and want to run android on that. 

So, I tried to work with 1) prebuilt linaro repo, 2) build from source for linaro 16.12.

However, it does not working after u-boot.

In fact, it seems like it stops in the middle of u-boot.

When I stop the boot process in the u-boot, the entire board stops in a few second. 

When it stops, u-boot terminal console does not work, and I cannot give any input to boot command to u-boot.

It seems like I am working with wrong version.

Please let me know whether the latest linaro version does not work with Juno r0.

In addition, if it is the case, please let me know which is the correct version I can work with.

Regards,

Parents
  • Hi,
    We aren't aware of any issues.

Are you using the instructions and deliverables we reference here on the ARM Community?

I just dug out our Juno r0 board and tried this with 16.12.

& followed www.community.arm.com/.../using-linaros-deliverables-on-juno for a prebuilt configuration.

This works correctly for me, both when stoppping at the uboot console and when booting into the Android shell.

Did you erase your board's flash first? This bit:
    Cmd> flash
    Flash> eraseall
    Flash> quit
    Cmd> usb_on

Did you start with a new empty directory on the PC and download the latest copy of the workspace script into it?

For issues beyond u-boot it may also be worth comfirming that the write of juno.img to an external USB drive (detailed in the instructions) has succeded -  mount the drive on your PC and check the partitions are readable.

If you still have issues please post your full boot log as an attachment.
    HTH
    MarkN.

• Hi,
    We aren't aware of any issues.

Are you using the instructions and deliverables we reference here on the ARM Community?

I just dug out our Juno r0 board and tried this with 16.12.

& followed www.community.arm.com/.../using-linaros-deliverables-on-juno for a prebuilt configuration.

This works correctly for me, both when stoppping at the uboot console and when booting into the Android shell.

Did you erase your board's flash first? This bit:
    Cmd> flash
    Flash> eraseall
    Flash> quit
    Cmd> usb_on

Did you start with a new empty directory on the PC and download the latest copy of the workspace script into it?

For issues beyond u-boot it may also be worth comfirming that the write of juno.img to an external USB drive (detailed in the instructions) has succeded -  mount the drive on your PC and check the partitions are readable.

If you still have issues please post your full boot log as an attachment.
    HTH
    MarkN.

Children