This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to integrate Mali drivers in a Android ROM?

Former Member
Former Member

Hello folks,

I'm trying to replace my stock Android ROM with a new Android ROM. Unfortunately I had problems so far. To make it easier I have started to replace my Android ROM with exactly the same Android Version.

So I backed up of course the contents of /system and copied there a new Android ROM, with the same Android version.

I started it, but of course the Android bootanimation can't be started, because the Mali drivers are missing. So I copied in the first step (and replaced) the /system/lib/egl.conf now it has the line 0 1 mali inside. Then I copied the following too over: libEGL_mali.so, libGLESv1_CM_mali.so and libGLESv2_mali.so.

Now I had looked with logcat and it says:

E/libEGL  ( 4125): load_driver(/system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so): Cannot load library: link_image[1891]:  4125 could not load needed library 'libMali.so' for 'libEGL_mali.so' (load_library[1093]: Library 'libMali.so' not found)

And then I copied the libMali.so from the stock Android ROM over to /system/lib. After that logcat told me:

E/libEGL  ( 2241): load_driver(/system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so): Cannot load library: link_image[1891]:  2241 could not load needed library 'libMali.so' for 'libEGL_mali.so' (link_image[1891]:  2241 could not load needed library 'libUMP.so' for 'libMali.so' (load_library[1093]: Library 'libUMP.so' not found))
I copied of course the libUMP.so library over. Now the kernel says for the first time: Mali<2>: Session starting and then Mali<2>: Session has ended

Logcat says that surfaceflinger complains about the libMali.so driver. The result is, that Androids bootanimation does not start.

Is it possible at all that a Android build can be running Mali drivers although the build was actually meant to use other graphic drivers??

I think I did not miss to configure and copy anything?

Thank you for help.