This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help fix : Graphics and Compute Development on Samsung Chromebook

I was looking for a way to install Linux with Mali GPU support on my Samsung chromebook, so I was excited to find the guide at : http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-for-mali/features/graphics-and-compute-development-on-samsung-chromebook/

However, I've followed the above guide (twice) and I'm es2_info reports the Software Rasterizer.  I expected it to report a MALI rasterizer. Is this guide correct or did I do something wrong (twice)? 

Can you help me figure out what is going wrong?

es2_info

es2_info reports (full log here: Ubuntu Pastebin)

libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for armsoc

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open armsoc (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri)

I then tried copying armsoc_drv.so to that directory, but still got the same error

X Log info:

X reports and opens Mali-T6XX but AIGLX does report the following  (full log here: Ubuntu Pastebin)

AIGLX: reverting to software rendering 

I don't know if this revert applies to everything in OpenGL or just the GLX part

I think the guide would be helpful if it added a section on installing and running a test program (such as es2_info) to ensure the install was successful.  Also a test program that used the fbdev would also be helpful to me.

Message was edited by: Sean