This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali Graphics Debugger Memory statistics

In Mali Graphics Debugger there is view with pie chart called memory statistics with break down for different kinds of memory usage.

Where i can get good definition what each type means? especially interesting what framepool and frame internal means, (i`m aware of tiled rendering and that mali need to store some data until buffer swapped but why two kinds), also interesting what is unnamed and default heap, sounds completely uninformative.

Parents Reply Children
  • How framepool can reliable measured?

You have the only source of data already.

can ghosted UBO counted as frame internal?

No.

I`m using OpenGL ES on Mali-T880 and Default heap + Unnamed can go up to 19MB (16% of total), can you suggest any way to reduce it?

As an application developer you get no direct control over this other than by "doing less stuff" (fewer descriptor settings, fewer objects).

If you are a licensee with driver source access then there are some build-time options which can trade off memory footprint and performance; please contact support@arm.com for more help if this is the case.