This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APB3 Slave responding when PSEL = 0

Hello All,

Here at IP Level verification we have no issues as the Master APB does not latch the PREADY, but at SOC Level with multiple APB Slaves 

The Master performs some transaction with APB SLAVE 1 and before switching to APB SLAVE 2 , it disables the PSEL = 0 & PENABLE = 0 after a clock cycle PREADY = 1 from that Slave.

This puts the SLAVE 1 in SETUP State or Undefined State and not in IDLE State as Master should drive  PSEL = 0 & PENABLE = 0  on the same cycle as PREADY = 1 .

I am guessing the issue here is because PREADY is latched , master and slave are not in Sync.

Also from ARM Spec ACCESS to IDLE is allowed but not SETUP to IDLE.

As my slave when asserting PREADY =1 , would see PSEL = 1 , it would go to SETUP not IDLE, and later in SETUP when we de-assert PSEL to 0 , its a violation / undefined from Master.

Please do let me know how to resolve this.

Regards

Parents
  • One of the things which is not very clear is how does the Slave know if its a last master Transaction or Back to back while asserting the PREADY = 1 , because at the very same moment Slave has to make a decision to Go back to Setup State or else have to go to IDLE. Should we add a intermediate state while implementing ?. Theoretically they say we cannot stay in Access when we assert PREADY , but then spec says If Transfer or No Transfer ...Which signal can indicate this and How can this be ready even before Slave has concluded the current transaction . Or Can Master de-assert PSEL earlier to show it was the last transaction ? 

• One of the things which is not very clear is how does the Slave know if its a last master Transaction or Back to back while asserting the PREADY = 1 , because at the very same moment Slave has to make a decision to Go back to Setup State or else have to go to IDLE. Should we add a intermediate state while implementing ?. Theoretically they say we cannot stay in Access when we assert PREADY , but then spec says If Transfer or No Transfer ...Which signal can indicate this and How can this be ready even before Slave has concluded the current transaction . Or Can Master de-assert PSEL earlier to show it was the last transaction ? 

Children
No data