Microcontrollers for IoT application

HI all,

Generally what all the parameters deciding the selection of a microcontroller for IoT application?

I know that most of the IoT solutions are designed around ARM controllers like ARM Cortex-M series.

ARM Cortex-M series microcontrollers are optimised for low power applications and have lots of standy features and it will save power Say ARM Coretex-M0+ can run for 15 years from cell battery! So low power might be one criteria.

I would like to know other micrcontrollers used in the IoT applications.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepu

Parents
  • Sorry this is a have you switched it off and on again type question, but just to be sure, have you had a look at the featured content at

Internet of Things

Those may not be as helpful as one might want but they are a starter. I think a lot of people just get some boards that look like they would do what's required and get an idea of things that way.

• Sorry this is a have you switched it off and on again type question, but just to be sure, have you had a look at the featured content at

Internet of Things

Those may not be as helpful as one might want but they are a starter. I think a lot of people just get some boards that look like they would do what's required and get an idea of things that way.

Children
No data
More questions in this forum