Microcontrollers for IoT application

HI all,

Generally what all the parameters deciding the selection of a microcontroller for IoT application?

I know that most of the IoT solutions are designed around ARM controllers like ARM Cortex-M series.

ARM Cortex-M series microcontrollers are optimised for low power applications and have lots of standy features and it will save power Say ARM Coretex-M0+ can run for 15 years from cell battery! So low power might be one criteria.

I would like to know other micrcontrollers used in the IoT applications.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepu

Parents
  • Hi Deepu,

I don't think the approach will be wise if the micro controller is chosen first. You may need to chart out the IOT application requirements and choose the suitable low power microcontroller with enough computing power.

Most of the times rather than the hardware being chosen the way it's programmed matters alot. For IoT applications you should look for tips on energy efficient programming

Hope it helps 

Regards 

Techguyz

• Hi Deepu,

I don't think the approach will be wise if the micro controller is chosen first. You may need to chart out the IOT application requirements and choose the suitable low power microcontroller with enough computing power.

Most of the times rather than the hardware being chosen the way it's programmed matters alot. For IoT applications you should look for tips on energy efficient programming

Hope it helps 

Regards 

Techguyz

Children
No data