AXI Protocol -  Strobe Signal Value

how to calculate the value of strobe signal in axi?

Parents
  • Hi there,

The AXI write strobe signal is used to indicate which bytes of the write data bus are valid for each transfer of data. By using them you can perform sparse data transfers.

For example; when performing a write transaction on a 32 bit data bus, you will have a WSTRB signal that's 4 bits wide. Each bit of this WSTRB signal indicates whether or not the corresponding byte of the WDATA signal contains valid data that should be updated in memory for this transfer. The table below illustrates how each bit of the write strobe corresponds to a byte (8 bits) of the data signal, and will therefore indicates whether or not it is valid or not by being set to 1 or 0:

WSTRB[3:0][3][2][1][0]
    WDATA[31:0][31][30][29][28][27][26][25][24][23][22][21][20][19][18][17][16][15][14][13][12][11][10][9][8][7][6][5][4][3][2][1][0]

It's important to note that this write strobe signal can change for each item of data written in a write burst transaction.

I hope my explanation has clarified the purpose of this signal so you'll be able to successfully work out the value it should take, however if you need further clarification then please feel free to ask.

• Hi there,

The AXI write strobe signal is used to indicate which bytes of the write data bus are valid for each transfer of data. By using them you can perform sparse data transfers.

For example; when performing a write transaction on a 32 bit data bus, you will have a WSTRB signal that's 4 bits wide. Each bit of this WSTRB signal indicates whether or not the corresponding byte of the WDATA signal contains valid data that should be updated in memory for this transfer. The table below illustrates how each bit of the write strobe corresponds to a byte (8 bits) of the data signal, and will therefore indicates whether or not it is valid or not by being set to 1 or 0:

WSTRB[3:0][3][2][1][0]
    WDATA[31:0][31][30][29][28][27][26][25][24][23][22][21][20][19][18][17][16][15][14][13][12][11][10][9][8][7][6][5][4][3][2][1][0]

It's important to note that this write strobe signal can change for each item of data written in a write burst transaction.

I hope my explanation has clarified the purpose of this signal so you'll be able to successfully work out the value it should take, however if you need further clarification then please feel free to ask.

Children