This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Advice on the use of uVision with multiple targets

I need some help/advice on how to use the uVision environment (MDK-ARM) in a multi-target project.

We have quite a big code base with mostly C++ in a uVision project (containing one target) with a lot of folders each containing even more files.

Now we are going to ‘split’ this project into three parts for different targets. They are almost equal but have a few different things like their own main instances and a different scatter loading file.

At this moment I see two options with uVision, make a copy of the projects for the different targets or use multiple targets within one project. But both seem to have the same issues, you have to add files multiple times, issues with firmware pack updates (no option to update for all projects/targets). We want to make sure that the targets use the same functions/sources.

Another option could be to make some batch files that replace just the main and scatter loading files and keep everything the same in one project. At this moment, that seems to be the best fit for what we want, but it is outside the IDE.

A bit related: Is there any way to map files on the file system to the IDE folders so files don’t have to be added manually? That is used in other IDE’s as well and could open other possible solutions.

Parents
  • I currently have a very similar issue, but with many more targets. My solution has been to just use a few batch files and python scripts to tweak some headers as needed, and then call uVision from command line

• I currently have a very similar issue, but with many more targets. My solution has been to just use a few batch files and python scripts to tweak some headers as needed, and then call uVision from command line

Children
No data