This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Go To Definition is a game of luck

Hello,

the usage of the "Go To Definition" function is one of the most important function of the IDE for me. Working with software I`m using this function hundreds of times per day. In the past (up to 5.24.2) this was working without any problems. Today (5.35.0) I have have so much problems with this function. In 50% of all cases it works fine as usual. In the other 50% I`m always getting this enervating "No browse info for symbol in this context".
- yes, I enabled the creation of the browse information in the options
- yes, I rebuild the complete code
- yes, the header file with the searched information is included (open document and ctrl-f-search will find)
- yes, I hoped that with 5.35 the problem would be silently fixed ... but it does not
I can not imagine that such a great IDE like uvision has so elementary bugs ... the mistake must be on my side. Where is my fault ?
Please help !

friendly regards
Recently

Parents
  • The generation of browse information in µVision is different in the case of using Arm compiler v5.x or Arm compiler v6.x.

If you use Arm compiler v5.x, the browse info is generated when you build your project by the same arm compiler v5.x toolchain. That's also the main reason why enabling "Options for Target - Output - Browse information" option in this case will slow down the build time.

If you use Arm compiler v6.x, the browse info is generated in the background of µVision dynamically using a different compiler toolchain other than arm compiler v6.x. In some cases, this specific compiler cannot generate the browse info for a certain type of code for some reason, or in the worst case can lead to the crash of the browse info generation compiler/module. That's why to find the root cause of such an issue, a source code module or at least a code snippet is necessary for Arm to reproduce the issue

• The generation of browse information in µVision is different in the case of using Arm compiler v5.x or Arm compiler v6.x.

If you use Arm compiler v5.x, the browse info is generated when you build your project by the same arm compiler v5.x toolchain. That's also the main reason why enabling "Options for Target - Output - Browse information" option in this case will slow down the build time.

If you use Arm compiler v6.x, the browse info is generated in the background of µVision dynamically using a different compiler toolchain other than arm compiler v6.x. In some cases, this specific compiler cannot generate the browse info for a certain type of code for some reason, or in the worst case can lead to the crash of the browse info generation compiler/module. That's why to find the root cause of such an issue, a source code module or at least a code snippet is necessary for Arm to reproduce the issue

Children