This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

graphics analyzer launch failure for java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

Hello all,

I installed Arm Mobile Studio 2022.0 on windows 10 successfully, but launching graphics analyzer failed due to the following exception.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2022-04-16 17:56:52.129
!MESSAGE Failed to evaluate: ReferenceExpression [definitionId=com.arm.mgd.ui.expressions.replayEnabled]
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.arm.mgd.ui" was unable to instantiate class "com.arm.mgd.ui.propertytesters.ModelPropertyTester".
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:212)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:206)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:923)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:246)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.PropertyTesterDescriptor.instantiate(PropertyTesterDescriptor.java:99)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TypeExtension.findTypeExtender(TypeExtension.java:100)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TypeExtension.findTypeExtender(TypeExtension.java:133)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TypeExtension.findTypeExtender(TypeExtension.java:133)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TypeExtensionManager.getProperty(TypeExtensionManager.java:122)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TestExpression.evaluate(TestExpression.java:100)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateAnd(CompositeExpression.java:55)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.AndExpression.evaluate(AndExpression.java:34)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.ReferenceExpression.evaluate(ReferenceExpression.java:74)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.EvaluationReference.evaluate(EvaluationReference.java:74)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.EvaluationReference.evaluate(EvaluationReference.java:100)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.EvaluationReference.changed(EvaluationReference.java:94)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.TrackableComputationExt.update(TrackableComputationExt.java:108)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.runAndTrack(EclipseContext.java:346)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.EvaluationService.addEvaluationReference(EvaluationService.java:239)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.EvaluationService.addEvaluationListener(EvaluationService.java:213)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.registerEnablement(HandlerProxy.java:209)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.<init>(HandlerProxy.java:189)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.readHandlers(LegacyHandlerService.java:639)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.readRegistry(LegacyHandlerService.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$36.runWithException(Workbench.java:2361)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:36)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:236)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:133)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4735)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutExceptions(StartupThreading.java:94)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.initializeDefaultServices(Workbench.java:2355)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2793)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:646)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:154)
at com.arm.mgd.ui.Application.start(Application.java:129)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:204)
... 50 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: 'com.arm.compilermanager.Compilers com.arm.compilermanager.CompilerManager.getCompilers(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, int)'
at com.arm.compilermanager.CompilerManager.getCompilers(Native Method)
at com.arm.mgd.core.offlinecompiler.MidgardShaderCompiler.findPreferredCompiler(MidgardShaderCompiler.java:133)
at com.arm.mgd.core.offlinecompiler.MidgardShaderCompiler.<init>(MidgardShaderCompiler.java:99)
at com.arm.mgd.core.CoreInstance.<clinit>(CoreInstance.java:37)
at com.arm.mgd.ui.propertytesters.ModelPropertyTester.<init>(ModelPropertyTester.java:35)
... 55 more

Does anyone know how to resolve the above exception ?

Thanks 

Parents
  • Hello. I'm really sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Graphics Analyzer.

Are you able to run other components from Arm Mobile Studio? I am particularly interested in whether you can launch Streamline.

Can you let me know whether you are using a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows?

Can you clarify to me where you found the exception message you quoted? It looks like you might have extracted this from a log file produced by Graphics Analyzer.

At root, it seems that the problem is to do with certain components not loading correctly. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling Arm Mobile Studio, in case parts of the product have become corrupted?

Otherwise, just as a test, would you mind temporarily disabling any security software you may be running, such as anti-virus software? Does this allow Graphics Analyzer to load? It is possible that this security software might be interfering with Graphics Analyzer's ability to load required components.

I understand that you can't start Graphics Analyzer at the moment, but are you aware of any way you can trigger the problem once Graphics Analyzer is running?

Finally, it's just possible that this problem is triggered by bad configuration being loaded when you start Graphics Analyzer. It might be possible to bypass the issue by removing Graphics Analyzer's current configuration, then restarting the application. Can you try the following for me to see if it allows you to start Graphics Analyzer?

- Ensure that Graphics Analyzer is not running
    - Open File Explorer
    - Click your name under "Desktop" and ensure you are looking at your personal directory
    - Rename the directory ".aga_workspace_5.11.0" to ".aga_workspace_5.11.0.OLD" (any other name will do).
    - Restart Graphics Analyzer

Many thanks

Mark

• Hello. I'm really sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Graphics Analyzer.

Are you able to run other components from Arm Mobile Studio? I am particularly interested in whether you can launch Streamline.

Can you let me know whether you are using a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows?

Can you clarify to me where you found the exception message you quoted? It looks like you might have extracted this from a log file produced by Graphics Analyzer.

At root, it seems that the problem is to do with certain components not loading correctly. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling Arm Mobile Studio, in case parts of the product have become corrupted?

Otherwise, just as a test, would you mind temporarily disabling any security software you may be running, such as anti-virus software? Does this allow Graphics Analyzer to load? It is possible that this security software might be interfering with Graphics Analyzer's ability to load required components.

I understand that you can't start Graphics Analyzer at the moment, but are you aware of any way you can trigger the problem once Graphics Analyzer is running?

Finally, it's just possible that this problem is triggered by bad configuration being loaded when you start Graphics Analyzer. It might be possible to bypass the issue by removing Graphics Analyzer's current configuration, then restarting the application. Can you try the following for me to see if it allows you to start Graphics Analyzer?

- Ensure that Graphics Analyzer is not running
    - Open File Explorer
    - Click your name under "Desktop" and ensure you are looking at your personal directory
    - Rename the directory ".aga_workspace_5.11.0" to ".aga_workspace_5.11.0.OLD" (any other name will do).
    - Restart Graphics Analyzer

Many thanks

Mark

Children