This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Simulate ARM7 over Qemu

Hello all, I am a complete beginner in ARM and I have only worked with AVR and Arduino boards before. What I want to do is write a simple C program which will print "Yes" when 1 is entered and "NO" when 2 is entered by the user. Now I have to compile the code using gnu GCC arm toolchain and create a binary patch for executable generated. The patch should work like this: When entered 1 print "NO" and for 2 print "Yes".
1. How do I compile the code using this toolchain
2. How to create and executable file
3. How to create a binary patch which would work as said.

I could not find any proper tutorials to do this on Windows 10 machine. So any tutorial links you can share to solve this will also be appreciated.

Thank you

Parents
  • Presumably this is for a school assignment, then?

So, surely, your lessons and set reading must have covered the basics of how to set things up and get started?

No it's not for an assignment, If had lessons and books why would I post the issue here.

If you're struggling with that, you should be talking to your teachers/tutors.

Also I don't have any tutors, It's a project I am doing that's all. 
    My issue is just that I have to simulate ARM7 in QEMU. Can you please reply only if you have a solution to this problem.

• Presumably this is for a school assignment, then?

So, surely, your lessons and set reading must have covered the basics of how to set things up and get started?

No it's not for an assignment, If had lessons and books why would I post the issue here.

If you're struggling with that, you should be talking to your teachers/tutors.

Also I don't have any tutors, It's a project I am doing that's all. 
    My issue is just that I have to simulate ARM7 in QEMU. Can you please reply only if you have a solution to this problem.

Children