ARM UNIVERSITY PROGRAMME “GETTING STARTED” MATERIALS
END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT
2. BY DOWNLOADING AND USING THE GETTING STARTED MATERIALS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND HEREBY ACCEPT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") MADE BETWEEN YOU AND ARM.
3. Intellectual Property, Title – The Getting Started Materials are protected by copyright laws, international copyright treaties, and trade secret laws, and other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Getting Started Materials are licensed, not sold, to you, and can only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. ARM and its licensors retain title and ownership of the Getting Started Materials, including all intellectual property rights in the Getting Started Materials and all copies and/or derivatives of the Getting Started Materials. ARM reserves all rights not specifically granted under this Agreement.
4. LICENSE GRANTS, RESTRICTIONS, AND LIMITATIONS. ARM grants to you the rights described in this Agreement subject to your compliance with this Agreement.
a. General License Grant – Subject to the terms of this Agreement, ARM hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to use, modify, share, and reproduce the Getting Started Materials for any lawful purpose that is not otherwise restricted by the terms of this Agreement.
b. You must not, nor permit anyone else to, alter, remove or destroy any proprietary notices included in the Getting Started Materials.
c. Except as expressly permitted by this Agreement, you may not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive source code (where such source code is not intentionally provided by ARM) from the Getting Started Materials (as applicable), in whole or in part, nor use any mechanical, electronic or other method to trace, decompile, disassemble, or identify the source code of the Getting Started Materials, or encourage others to do so, except to the limited extent, if any, that applicable law permits such acts notwithstanding any contractual prohibitions. You may not access or use the Getting Started Materials for the purpose of making any claim against ARM in respect of the validity of any of its intellectual property rights, and if you do use the Getting Started Materials as the basis of any such claim this licence will automatically terminate.
5. Termination – This license is effective until terminated. If you fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement, the licence terminates automatically with no need for notice from ARM, but subject to a 30 day period during which you may remedy the breach, in which case the licence will not terminate. In the event of termination, you must cease all use of the Getting Started Materials immediately. Clauses 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 shall survive termination.
6. Confidentiality – The scope of this licence excludes distribution, but the contents of the Getting Started Materials are not confidential information.
7. Warranties and Limitations - THE GETTING STARTED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ARM AND/OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS PROVIDE NO WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, NOR ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY, IN RESPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE GETTING STARTED MATERIALS, NOR IN RESPECT OF ANY HARDWARE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEM.
8. Input – If you give any feedback or proposals (“Input”) to ARM following use of the Getting Started Materials then you hereby grant to ARM (and its subsidiaries) a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive, worldwide licence to a) make, use, copy, modify, publish, distribute, sell, and create derivative works of the whole or any part of the Input as part of future or existing ARM University Programme materials or concepts; and b) sublicense these rights to third parties engaged by ARM to assist with the development of ARM University Programme materials or concepts.
9. Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (as amended) shall not apply in relation to this Agreement.
10. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Severability - This Agreement and any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, its subject matter or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims). If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement to be unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible to give effect to the intent of the parties and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Entire Agreement - This is the entire Agreement between you and ARM and supersedes any prior agreement between the parties related to the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or modification of this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of ARM.
Watch the video here: Operating Systems Design using LPC4088QSB - Getting Started and download the related material below.