This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Startup code for FVP_MPS2_Cortex-M4 simulator?

Hi, I am new to using simulator models, and to ARM development in general.  I have taken an Arm Dev Studio example, added some C++ code and am trying to run to run it on the FVP_MPS2_Cortex-M4 simulator. I'm working on Windows.

With a very simple program it works. I terminate the simulation with CTRL-C, is that the correct way to do it?

Sometimes the simulator completely crashes after CTRL-C and I see:

>FVP_MPS2_Cortex-M4 -a CMSIS-RTOS2_Blinky.elf
telnetterminal0: Listening for serial connection on port 5000
telnetterminal1: Listening for serial connection on port 5001
telnetterminal2: Listening for serial connection on port 5002

Stopping simulation...

Info: /OSCI/SystemC: Simulation stopped by user.

Simulation received Ctrl-C
Terminating simulation...

Fatal: simulation not properly initialized: did you forget to call scx_initialize()?

I haven't added any code for the simulator (I don't call scx_initialize() ). Do I need any simulator startup code at the start of my application?

Best regards

David

Parents
  • Hi David

You can put execution limits on the FVP from the command line, with --simlimit N to run for N seconds, or --cyclelimit M to simulate M cycles. Both are ignored if launched from the debugger (or whenever a debug server is invoked in the model).

Run the FVP with --help for a description of options.

Ronan

• Hi David

You can put execution limits on the FVP from the command line, with --simlimit N to run for N seconds, or --cyclelimit M to simulate M cycles. Both are ignored if launched from the debugger (or whenever a debug server is invoked in the model).

Run the FVP with --help for a description of options.

Ronan

Children
No data