This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ne10 fir function

Hi guys,

I am currently using Ne10 library to perform signal processing task on Android device for better performance. I want to do a xcorr on 2 equal size array (say N) and want the output to be 2*N -1 in size. Kind of like in matlab  y = xcorr(x1,x2) where x1 and x2 are equal size and y is twice the size of x1  - 1.

I have the same code using IPP like

ippsCrossCorr_32f(x1,N,x2,N,y1,2*N-1,-(N-1));

Using Ne10, I cant seem to have a work around to get y as an output of 2*N - 1 unless I zero pad both x1 and x2 to get the same output as the IPP function call.

What I am doing in Ne10 is as such:

coeff = zero pad x1 in front

input = zero pad x2 at the back

ne10_fir_float_neon(state,input,coeff,output,2*N-1);

The output from both IPP function and Ne10 function are matching but I want a solution that does away with the zero padding. Is there any function call interpretation that I made mistake on?

Thanks,

Kelvin

Parents
  • I believe yangzhang wrote this originally wrote this and the test functions. Perhaps she or zhongwei might know if there is an library initialization work around? Are you running this at high enough frequency with small enough sets that padding degrades performance significantly? I know it is inelegant to have a shim layer to abstract your call for both ipp and ne10 but if you're relying on multiple libraries to achieve the same functionality in short order...

• I believe yangzhang wrote this originally wrote this and the test functions. Perhaps she or zhongwei might know if there is an library initialization work around? Are you running this at high enough frequency with small enough sets that padding degrades performance significantly? I know it is inelegant to have a shim layer to abstract your call for both ipp and ne10 but if you're relying on multiple libraries to achieve the same functionality in short order...

Children