This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RDI debug option missing in Keil 4

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving my project from Keil uVision v 3.60 to v 4.00 and seem to have lost the option of using "RDI Interface Driver" for debugging, it simply isn't in the list in the new version.

I've checked that the license of both uVision and my J-Link-JTAG device is valid and that debugging still works fine in Keil 3.6. I've also noticed that in Keil 4 the ARM\Segger directory does not contain the jlinkrdi.dll

Is there any way to get this working again or has RDI-debugging support been removed completely?

Any help is appreciated
/Ã…ke

Parents
  • Hi,

yes, the RDI is outdated and not supported anymore.

If you have an ARM9 device, please use the ARM7/9 J-Link driver from the drop down list,

and if you have a Cortex-M3 devide please use the fantastic new Cortex-M3 J-Link driver :-)

That driver is a new development, which is able to do everything the ULINK can do, and supports the complete range of J-Links (except the IDE locked) that is currently out, i.e. J-Link V6 (500kHz SWO), J-Link V8 (6MHz SWO), J-Link Pro (Ethernet support for debugging over eth), SAM-ICE, and also debugging over J-Trace.
    This driver also autodetects the connected J-Links capabilities to select the best possible mode.

Trace over SWO (PC sampling) and ITM printf is also possible, when tracing over SWO the interrupt Names (Cortex internal and Vendor external) are shown in the Trace Window.

---
    The J-Trace CM3 driver is currently in development, but will be avaiable as beta soon.
    This driver shows the complete trace of code, and also autoconfigures the trace method, dependent on the connected J-Trace (or also fall-back to J-Link SWO if you have configured for J-Trace and connect a J-Link or vice versa).

Please write an email to Keil support if you are interested in beta testing.

---
    For what exactly do you need the RDI suport?

BR,
    /th.

• Hi,

yes, the RDI is outdated and not supported anymore.

If you have an ARM9 device, please use the ARM7/9 J-Link driver from the drop down list,

and if you have a Cortex-M3 devide please use the fantastic new Cortex-M3 J-Link driver :-)

That driver is a new development, which is able to do everything the ULINK can do, and supports the complete range of J-Links (except the IDE locked) that is currently out, i.e. J-Link V6 (500kHz SWO), J-Link V8 (6MHz SWO), J-Link Pro (Ethernet support for debugging over eth), SAM-ICE, and also debugging over J-Trace.
    This driver also autodetects the connected J-Links capabilities to select the best possible mode.

Trace over SWO (PC sampling) and ITM printf is also possible, when tracing over SWO the interrupt Names (Cortex internal and Vendor external) are shown in the Trace Window.

---
    The J-Trace CM3 driver is currently in development, but will be avaiable as beta soon.
    This driver shows the complete trace of code, and also autoconfigures the trace method, dependent on the connected J-Trace (or also fall-back to J-Link SWO if you have configured for J-Trace and connect a J-Link or vice versa).

Please write an email to Keil support if you are interested in beta testing.

---
    For what exactly do you need the RDI suport?

BR,
    /th.

Children