This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Static/Shared Library for ARM

I like to generate LIB file (static library) so I do not need to supply client with source code

Please advise procedure how to do this. Assumed LPC1768 and MCP1700 eval board. What additional statement I need to add the code below?

For example I have simple global variable and function

in source code (test.c)

uINT32 test1;
uINT32 test2;

void fuctest1(uCH8 data1, uINT32 data2, CH8*)
{ test1=2;
test2=4;
etc
}

uINT32 fuctest2(uCH8 data)
{ test2=10;
test1=4;
}

in header (test.h)

extern uINT32 test1;
extern uINT32 test2;

extern fuctest1(uCH8 data1, uINT32 data2, CH8*);
extern uINT32 fuctest2(uCH8 data);

Thanks

Parents
  • First off, you should spend time considring if your source code is so valuable that the customer can't get a copy of it.

Remember that you are putting the customer in a very troubling situation.

1) He can't switch compiler brand. Maybe not even compiler version.

2) If there is a bug found, and you are not available to fix it, he must recreate the functionality of the blirary.

3) If the complete project doesn't work, he can't debug your part, so can't find out if there is an incorrect assumption in your code, or an incorrect assumption in his code about how your code can be used.

• First off, you should spend time considring if your source code is so valuable that the customer can't get a copy of it.

Remember that you are putting the customer in a very troubling situation.

1) He can't switch compiler brand. Maybe not even compiler version.

2) If there is a bug found, and you are not available to fix it, he must recreate the functionality of the blirary.

3) If the complete project doesn't work, he can't debug your part, so can't find out if there is an incorrect assumption in your code, or an incorrect assumption in his code about how your code can be used.

Children
No data