This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WRITING BYTE IN CODE MEMORY

I have studied that it is possible to write values in code memory during the execution time in A51.But when tried the test gets failed.If possible what is the actual procedure to do it?

Parents
  • I don't know where you "studied" that---but it's wrong. You can't write into code memory on any 8051 device. There simply is no opcode for that.

What you can do is write into XDATA memory that mapped as both code and xdata memory at the same time, using address decoding / chip select logic external to the micro.

Or, if you have the right type of 8051 derivative, you can execute some magic instructions that allow you to program the chip in situ, but that's not exactly "writing to code memory", either --- it's ISP (short for "in-system programming").

• I don't know where you "studied" that---but it's wrong. You can't write into code memory on any 8051 device. There simply is no opcode for that.

What you can do is write into XDATA memory that mapped as both code and xdata memory at the same time, using address decoding / chip select logic external to the micro.

Or, if you have the right type of 8051 derivative, you can execute some magic instructions that allow you to program the chip in situ, but that's not exactly "writing to code memory", either --- it's ISP (short for "in-system programming").

Children
No data