This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali400 ROCKCHIP RK3188

Former Member
Former Member

Dear,

We have android devices based on ROCKCHIP RK3188 CPU chip with GPU mail400 @mp4 533Mhz. Under Android 5.1.1 OS, when the lastest android webview 57 is used, if we just play a simple video by HTML webview, the CPU usage reaches up to 90% with the Mali400 GPU frequency reaches 594Mhz due to the fact that ROCKCHIP pre-setted in its SDK for the max GPU frequency to be at 600Mhz. If we decrease the max allowed GPU frequency, the CPU usage decreases, but we have other issues such as video image not smooth, audio&video lag, etc.

Can anyone kindly help the following questions

1. Is it okay to set up Mali 400 at allowed frequency of 600Mhz?

2. Is there anyway to decrease CPU usage?

Thanks and best regards

• Hi , 

I have moved this question to the 'Graphics & Multimedia' community in order to help with your question. 

Thanks

Ryan

• Hi ,

I can imagine that decreasing the GPU frequency will make the rendering time longer causing the CPU to go into sleep mode for more time. This will reduce the CPU load but as you mentioned the frame-rate is not smooth. Does the platform have a working video decoder? If that is not the case the CPU needs to do the decoding of the video and that can cause the high CPU usage. Can you tell me what is the resolution of the screen and the video you are using to test?

Regards,

Daniele