This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query for performance

I have a question about OpenGL ES GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query extension. I am trying to get performance measurement out of my android app and GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query does not seems to get me proper numbers. I tried with GL_TIME_ELAPSED_EXT and GL_TIMESTAMP_EXT queries but both gives similar results. Not 0, nor a constant. But tiny fluctuating numbers. I tried with Mali Debugger but could not find any GPU profiling info. I tried to install Streamline DS-5 but it requires a rooted device/compiling gator/eclipse setup which is not possible for me to use at the moment.

What are the units of time returned by GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query? Extension documentation suggests nanoseconds. To my understanding, glBeginQuery() emits at top of pipeline and glEndQuery() at end of pipleine. So how could GL_TIMESTAMP_EXT even work since OpenGL ES does not indicate at which part of the pipeline it emits the result? Is it possible to have access to some counter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming critical.

Device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Mali T760