This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

r8p0 driver update for Mali-t760 galaxy s6

description:

cant update to android 6.0 because r7p0 broke rendering in dolphin emulator, also when mali T760 will support ES3.2 and those extension:

OES_buffer_storage  is a very simple extension

OES_base_vertex   not that hard, but now required for ES 3.2

for example adreno 4x GPU series add support for ES3.2 and the extensions related before, plus Vulkan. nexus 5X is the first one in received all.

please tell me if there an way to get an update for mali t760 before samsung slow updates.

• Hi sigmabeta,

To quickly answer your last question:

please tell me if there an way to get an update for mali t760 before samsung slow updates.

Unfortunately not. Samsung license our Driver and then do the integration and any customisations/modifications (such things as PMU and DVFS etc).

We do not have access to this proprietary code, and if we did, we could not release a driver with their code built in.

As such, we cannot release any official fully operational driver for any of our partners production devices.

You would very much need to contact Samsung directly for an update.

I apologise we cant help here.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Buffer_storage was raised here, so it may be implemented one day, though this day could come in few years. There's high chance we'll get es3.2 earlier than buffer_storage. I doubt Samsung could push it with N release, though S7 has preliminary Vulkan support on r9p0