This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to disable GPU hardware accelerate?

Hi,

I have a board odroid xu3 running android 4.4. Recently I want to compare the performance of hardware rendering (that is, gpu do the rendering work) and software rendering (cpu do the rendering work with libGLES_android.so). Now I am trying to disable hardware accelerate to get the performance of software rendering.

I did some tries but failed. 1) The file "egl.cfg" locating "/system/lib/egl/" manages the lib used to render a frame. The default config is "0 0 mali". I made some modification "0 0 mali" -> "0 0 android" but it doesn't work. 2) Still I found another lib named "libGLES_mali.so" at "/vendor/lib/egl/" and I found the rendering lib is exactly "libGLES_mali.so". Android loads hardwre accelerating lib which is "libGLES_mali.so" here defaultly but it will load software lib ("libGLES_android.so") when hardwre accelerating lib is missing. So I delete "libGLES_mali.so".  Unfortunately the screen didn't work.

I am confused now. Could you tell me how to disable GPU hardware accelerate?