This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali utils

Hello,

Can i find a benchmark utility which does not use a DIsplay/Framebuffer for 3D graphics which uses mali gpu.

I dont use a framebuffer/display drivers on my linux machine.

I tried using glmark2-es2 but it needs a display/framebuffer.

Thanks for your help.

Parents
  • Hi vsriram,

Please explain "I dont use a framebuffer/display drivers on my linux machine" as this will affect the answer.

For example, if you are developing a BSP for your targeted Mali hardware, and you do not have the display operational yet, then as long as you have the EGL component working, there may still be options to either output the statistics from offscreen benchmarks to the console, or use the X server-client setup to give you the output to a different host machine.

If however you are actually talking about a specific windowing framework that you currently do not support but do support others (for example FBDEV instead of X11), then there may be options to use a different windowing system based benchmark.

ARM is not a benchmarking company, but of course we see a lot of benchmarks running on our hardware.

We do not have visibility of every benchmark out in existence, so we cannot give a comprehensive answer.

If you purchased a license with some of the benchmark vendors, they give you more flexibility in this and allows the statistical info to be displayed through other means such as the console, as well as running different windowing system versions.

An example that I personally have used before was Kishonti GFXbench. The Corporate license allowed us to run an FBDEV version, and output the 'score' to the console.

You are best asking benchmark companies directly for this information as it has nothing to do with ARM directly.

I hope I was of some help.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi vsriram,

Please explain "I dont use a framebuffer/display drivers on my linux machine" as this will affect the answer.

For example, if you are developing a BSP for your targeted Mali hardware, and you do not have the display operational yet, then as long as you have the EGL component working, there may still be options to either output the statistics from offscreen benchmarks to the console, or use the X server-client setup to give you the output to a different host machine.

If however you are actually talking about a specific windowing framework that you currently do not support but do support others (for example FBDEV instead of X11), then there may be options to use a different windowing system based benchmark.

ARM is not a benchmarking company, but of course we see a lot of benchmarks running on our hardware.

We do not have visibility of every benchmark out in existence, so we cannot give a comprehensive answer.

If you purchased a license with some of the benchmark vendors, they give you more flexibility in this and allows the statistical info to be displayed through other means such as the console, as well as running different windowing system versions.

An example that I personally have used before was Kishonti GFXbench. The Corporate license allowed us to run an FBDEV version, and output the 'score' to the console.

You are best asking benchmark companies directly for this information as it has nothing to do with ARM directly.

I hope I was of some help.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children