This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MAIL-T628MP4 abbreviation

Is there such simplified expression in ARM software? That is T622=MAIL-T628MP2,  T624=MAIL-T628MP4, T626=MAIL-T628MP6,  T628= MAIL-T628MP8.

Maybe, I don't make myself clear, for example, United Kingdom, sometimes, we can call UK, so, MAIL-T628MP4, we can call T624 for short, is that right?

If ARM company could give me a offical answer, appreciate it! I really need your help.

Thanks a lot!

Zhou

Parents
  • Hi Zhou,

Mali is both a brand as well as hardware.

In terms of actual hardware, there should not be any difference between say a Mali T628-MP4 and a Mali T624-MP4.

However, the brand is different, and you should not publicly say that a T628 is a T624, as that is incorrect from a business/licensing point of view.

Please use the correct naming convention.

The T6xx is just the GPU design by ARM, it does not state how many cores there are in that actual GPU at all. you need the MPx suffix to be able to know how many cores there are in that GPU.

A "Mali T622" label for example is not descriptive enough, as it could be a single or dual core, there is no way of knowing based off that name.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi Zhou,

Mali is both a brand as well as hardware.

In terms of actual hardware, there should not be any difference between say a Mali T628-MP4 and a Mali T624-MP4.

However, the brand is different, and you should not publicly say that a T628 is a T624, as that is incorrect from a business/licensing point of view.

Please use the correct naming convention.

The T6xx is just the GPU design by ARM, it does not state how many cores there are in that actual GPU at all. you need the MPx suffix to be able to know how many cores there are in that GPU.

A "Mali T622" label for example is not descriptive enough, as it could be a single or dual core, there is no way of knowing based off that name.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children
No data