This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

what is Unknow exacty in the Capture Summary report

hi guys

i cant seem to find anything explaining what Unknown means, so i might just try asking here.

this report was made from a unity game running on a G51 devices

can i viewed that as the portion of the hardware resouces that are not being utilized at all? 

if that is the case, should i be worry about it? and is there anything i can do to make this unknown part lower? 

Parents
  • "Unknown" means that the tool analysis can't determine whether those parts of the application are CPU or GPU bound - the performance data is ambiguous and both processors are partially utilized but not fully loaded. The Streamline data is normally needed to investigate in more detail here. 

if that is the case, should i be worry about it? 

Perhaps - it may indicate a realy performance problem (e.g. tight CPU-GPU coupling breaking pipelining), or it may just be noisy measurement due to the style of workload. 

HTH, 
    Pete

• "Unknown" means that the tool analysis can't determine whether those parts of the application are CPU or GPU bound - the performance data is ambiguous and both processors are partially utilized but not fully loaded. The Streamline data is normally needed to investigate in more detail here. 

if that is the case, should i be worry about it? 

Perhaps - it may indicate a realy performance problem (e.g. tight CPU-GPU coupling breaking pipelining), or it may just be noisy measurement due to the style of workload. 

HTH, 
    Pete

Children