This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali offline compiler doesn't seem to handle #include

I can't think of any complex game codebase I worked on that has shaders all in one file.  They all need #include support.  When I try to compile our GL shaders (really Vulkan), I get the following failures.  Can I use this offline compiler on real .vert and .frag files?  I'm trying to figure out why Mali driver puts out VK_DEVICE_LOST on our terrain shaders, and thought seeing the shader analysis might help.

malioc -c Mali-G76 --vulkan --vertex DebugMesh.vert

ERROR: 0X0000:  SPIR-V require version 310 or higher. <- fixed below

ERROR: 0:4: X0000: '#include' : required extension not requested: GL_GOOGLE_include_directive

ERROR: 0:4: X0000: '#include' : must be followed by a header name 

ERROR: 0ssing entry point: X0000: Each stage requires one entry point <- printing problem

After putting #version 310 es at the top of the file.  We don't typically do this, since we need to compile the shaders using spriv-opt for many different versions.  There also doesn't seem to be a compile option for this.

ERROR: 0:4: X0000: '#include' : required extension not requested: GL_GOOGLE_include_directive

ERROR: 0:4: X0000: '#include' : must be followed by a header name 

ERROR: 0ssing entry point: X0000: Each stage requires one entry point.  <- how to specify this ?

Here are the reported extensions, but include support isn't in there.

Vulkan SPIR-V Extensions

========================

SPV_EXT_descriptor_indexing

SPV_EXT_fragment_invocation_density

SPV_EXT_physical_storage_buffer

SPV_EXT_shader_viewport_index_layer

SPV_KHR_16bit_storage

SPV_KHR_8bit_storage

SPV_KHR_device_group

SPV_KHR_float_controls

SPV_KHR_multiview

SPV_KHR_physical_storage_buffer