This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Future Drivers with Vulkan for SBC TinkerBoard?

Hello,

I am currently working on a porting project with various people (like Myy for the kernel mainline patch, Armbian, and other developers).

I've read all the discussions about future drivers with the support of Vulkan, but I get the impression that everyone is rebooting the ball .... Rockchip thinks they can not implement Vulkan because they do not would not have the ARM and ARM authorizations on his side tells us that it is Rockchip to do the so-called driver and they have the permissions / licenses to do so.

In our case, the fact of not having drivers with the support of the API Vulkan, we pose problems of graphical performance.

I would like to know if by the greatest of chance, ARM, would be able to make us the drivers with the support of the API the time that the "problems" with Rockchip is solved and they finally develop us the drivers so anticipated.

Because in this case, and in the other similar to the licenses, it is always the community that guns problems and stake that happens above.

So if you could think of communities using your knowledge, materials etc ... Our team would be greatly grateful.

Best regards

Jyu