This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I enable JTAG reset command?

Hello, I am using DS-5 with a DStream-ST probe connected to a processor with a Cortex R5 core & dual Cortex M7 cores.

I am able to connect to the R5 processor, single-step, set breakpoints, etc.

However, I am unable to issue a JTAG reset to the Cortex R5 using the "reset jtag" command.  When trying to do so I receive the error:

"ERROR (CMD463): The reset capability jtag is not available"

If I issue the command "info capabilities", I see the following:

Reset options

System Reset

Available while running == true

My debug connection is from the DStream-ST ARM JTAG 20 connector to my board and has both nTRST (pin 3) and nSRST (pin 15) connected.

Q: How do I enable the "reset capability jtag" in DS-5?

I am using DS-5 Ultimate Edition v5.29.3, Build 5293015 with an evaluation license (our corporate license expired 12/18/2021).

Q: Could this problem be related to the use of an evaluation license?

Thank you,

RickF

Parents
  • Hi Rick

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The possible reset options for your target that the Arm DS Debugger can perform are listed by "info capabilities".
    If "JTAG Reset" is not listed, then the "reset jtag" will be unavailable to you.

"System Reset" appears to be listed, so you can use the "reset system" command instead.  This performs a system reset, which may meet your requirement.
    This may be the only option listed - are your nTRST and nSRST connected together?

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi Rick

My name is Stephen and I work at Arm.

The possible reset options for your target that the Arm DS Debugger can perform are listed by "info capabilities".
    If "JTAG Reset" is not listed, then the "reset jtag" will be unavailable to you.

"System Reset" appears to be listed, so you can use the "reset system" command instead.  This performs a system reset, which may meet your requirement.
    This may be the only option listed - are your nTRST and nSRST connected together?

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children