This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OP-TEE Installation issues on JUNO

Hello,

I have an ARM JUNO card and i want to install OP-TEE on it.

I'm using the Linaro last deliverable to boot up. Then i installed a Debian on it. However the packages like libc6:i386 are not available on it which make the setup impossible.

Can anyone help me on it ? Is it better to use an other Linux distribution ? If the response is yes, can you please indicate me the necessary steps to install OP-TEE on Juno starting from the scratch.

Best Regards.

Parents
  • Hello,

libc6:i386

This would be for the Intel i386 32-bit architecture, which won't work on your Juno. I'm guessing you're trying to install some 32-bit libs in the same way you would on a 64-bit PC? If so,on your Juno the 64-bit architecture is arm64 and the 32-bit architecture is armhf, so in your case you'd actually want to install libc6:armhf.

You may need to add armhf as a supported architecture to dpkg, just like you would add i386 on a 64-bit Intel / AMD machine.

Do this to check whether armhf is supported:

$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

If it's not listed, add it:

$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

$ sudo apt-get update

And then you can try to install the 32-bit library again, as libc6:armhf

Hope that helps.

• Hello,

libc6:i386

This would be for the Intel i386 32-bit architecture, which won't work on your Juno. I'm guessing you're trying to install some 32-bit libs in the same way you would on a 64-bit PC? If so,on your Juno the 64-bit architecture is arm64 and the 32-bit architecture is armhf, so in your case you'd actually want to install libc6:armhf.

You may need to add armhf as a supported architecture to dpkg, just like you would add i386 on a 64-bit Intel / AMD machine.

Do this to check whether armhf is supported:

$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

If it's not listed, add it:

$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

$ sudo apt-get update

And then you can try to install the 32-bit library again, as libc6:armhf

Hope that helps.

Children
No data