PSoC Creator is an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) which allows concurrent hardware and application firmware design of PSoC 3 (8-bit), PSoC 4, PSoC 4 BLE / PRoC BLE, and PSoC 5LP systems. PSoC systems are designed using classic, familiar schematic capture supported by over 110 pre-verified, production-ready PSoC Components™.
PSoC Components are analog and digital “virtual chips,” represented by an icon that users can drag-and-drop into a design and configure to suit a broad array of application requirements. Each component in the rich mixed-signal Cypress Component Catalog is configured with a Component Customizer and includes a full set of dynamically generated API libraries. Once the PSoC system has been configured, firmware can be written, compiled, and debugged within PSoC Creator or exported to top 3rd party IDEs from IAR, Keil, and Eclipse.
PSoC systems are energy optimized beyond a typical MCU because PSoC Creator optimizes designs using only the required functionality. Users can create custom PSoC Components using state machine diagrams or Verilog within PSoC Creator to further optimize hardware and energy usage.
PSoC Creator is a free Windows-based IDE that includes:
- Hardware design with complete schematic capture
- Over 120 pre-verified, production-ready PSoC Components
- Full communications library including I2C, USB, UART, and SPI
- Tools to develop custom components in Verilog or via state machine diagram
- Dynamically generated API libraries
- Integrated C source code compiler and editor
- Built-in debugger using the Cypress MiniProg3 programmer / debugger kit
A broad set of training materials is available to help you get started and to experience how PSoC let's you do things no traditional MCU can.
PSoC Creator (Available Now - PSoC Creator 3.3 Service Pack 1)