This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where is main.c file located in Keil uVision 5?

Hello,

I've done several projects using Keil uVision 5, and I noticed in the project folders there is no main.c file. The only reference to main is in the Objects folder where I can see the main.o, main.d and main.crf. If I open the project file XYZ.uvprojx as an example, the project opens up and I can see the main file. Is there a way I can make the main.c file visible or is it already located somewhere?

Parents
  • The files are wherever you put them.

I noticed in the project folders there is no main.c

Where were you looking - in the uVision 'Project' view, or the Windows file explorer?

Note that the "Groups" in the uVision 'Project' view don't necessarily correspond to Windows filesystem folders ...

If you right-click a file in the uVision 'Project' view, then choose  'Options' - it will show you the filesystem path to the file:

EDIT: Also, if you have the file open in the uVision editor, right-clicking its Tab gives you options to get its full path, and to see it in the Windows file explorer:

If I open the project file XYZ.uvprojx as an example, the project opens up and I can see the main file. Is there a way I can make the main.c file visible

I don't follow: you said you can see it - so it must be visible ?

Please clarify.

• The files are wherever you put them.

I noticed in the project folders there is no main.c

Where were you looking - in the uVision 'Project' view, or the Windows file explorer?

Note that the "Groups" in the uVision 'Project' view don't necessarily correspond to Windows filesystem folders ...

If you right-click a file in the uVision 'Project' view, then choose  'Options' - it will show you the filesystem path to the file:

EDIT: Also, if you have the file open in the uVision editor, right-clicking its Tab gives you options to get its full path, and to see it in the Windows file explorer:

If I open the project file XYZ.uvprojx as an example, the project opens up and I can see the main file. Is there a way I can make the main.c file visible

I don't follow: you said you can see it - so it must be visible ?

Please clarify.

Children